On 1 July 2013, the Johnson County Board of Supervisors held a public event for community partners who are “Enhancing Quality of Life in Johnson County.”
More than $2.3 million dollars was awarded to dozens of local organizations with hundreds of workers and volunteers who are having positive impact in our community.
An inspiring 44-slide presentation shown below provided an overview of how these organizations are directly helping local county residents. (Also available as a PDF)
Organizations. Below is the list of community partner organizations. The full report in PDF format provides the amount received by each organization.
- 4Cs Community Coordinated Child Care
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- The Crisis Center of Johnson County
- Community Corrections Improvement Association
- Domestic Violence Intervention Program
- Elder Services, Inc.
- Extend the Dream Foundation / Uptown Bill’s
- Four Oaks P.A.L. Program (Preparation for Adult Living)
- Free Lunch Program
- Iowa City Area Development Group
- Iowa City Free Medical and Dental Clinic
- Iowa City / Johnson County Senior Center
- Iowa Valley Habitat for Humanity
- Iowa Valley Resource Conservation & Development
- Housing Trust Fund of Johnson County
- Johnson County Agricultural Association
- Johnson County Food Policy Council
- Johnson County Historical Society
- Johnson County Livable Community
- Local Foods Connection
- Mayor’s Youth Empowerment Program (FasTrac)
- MECCA Services
- Neighborhood Centers of Johnson County
- Rape Victim Advocacy Program
- Rural Health and Safety Clinic
- Shelter House
- SibShip / ARC of Johnson County – SibShip is a support group for children ages 6 through 12 who have brothers and sisters with disabilities. Sibship provides a supportive, safe, fun environment for children to talk about their experiences; heping decrease their sense of isolation. A wide variety of games, activities, fun and food are employed throughout the meetings.
- Trueblood Recreation Area
- UNESCO City of Literature
- United Action for Youth
- Visiting Nurse Association
- Workplace Learning Connection
Libraries. Supporting Johnson County libraries is a priority. Here is a list of the libraries that received financial support as part of this initiative. The full report in PDF format provides the amount received by each library.